Saturday 14 February 2009

Full time final score: England 36 - 11 Italy

This was a game where the same teams were only separated by the Italian's choice of Bergamasco at scrum-half. There were times in the second half where England showed a lack of vision not seen since their nil drubbing by South Africa in the the World Cup. And I'm an England fan. What got me through the second half?
FONTANA CANDIDA FRASCATI SUPERIORE 2007
Sainsburys £5.49 (tasted 7.ii-'09)
Now just to be clear, I like Frascati. It reminds me of being in Rome; big long lunches with a dewy bottle for Frascati to wash down the pasta before spending the rest of the afternoon watching the beautiful people go by.
12.5% with a screw cap. Pale lemon yellow, clean nose which is light and floral, almost meadow fresh. Typically dry with a lively acidity and a good medium body, stone-fruit joined the floral flavours. Finished with a good length to complete this refreshing and easy drinking wine.
Now, want can I drink to see me through this afternoon's expected Welsh masterclass?

No comments:

Post a Comment