Monday 12 January 2009

Got to start somewhere

According to Vinography there are over 500 English language wine blogs (even more if you add the pod-casts and videoblogs) and I haven’t even mentioned the Spanish, French, Italian and other international bloggers out there. So one has to ask why do I think we need another?

Well, apparently the most
blogged wines are: Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot; whilst the most blogged wine regions are: Napa, Sonoma, California, Wine Country (wherever that is), France, New Zealand, Australia, and Washington. Can you see a West Coast theme developing?

Whilst these US blogs are an invaluable source of information their relevance to my quaffing and collecting is somewhat tangential to say the least. There are, of course, some fabulous UK wine blogs and web-sites produced wine enthusiasts (both amateur and professional) and these, together with many of the sites run by UK retailers, are in my opinion an invaluable source of information and advice. But this is the Blogosphere (I promise to only use this hateful phrase only once!), and I have an opinion which I want to share with the world.

I think others could benefit from joining me as I chase around the UK seeking out good wines and the retailers who provide them. So like it says at the top please feel free to encourage, chastise, ridicule and celebrate with me as I pursue a dream of taking this hobby and turning it into a life’s work.

6 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Good luck. I like the name, logo and fridge magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Edward, I think I'll need all the luck I can get.
    Want to buy the tee-shirt?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNEW there was a better way of making WWW refer to wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slaandjivaa!! in six months time. The current Mrs T!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris! Well done with the Blog! Your email address below keeps bouncing back however?

    ReplyDelete