Friday 16 January 2009

These places are few and far between

I can spend hours browsing around a wine shop (just ask the current Mrs T.) and its amazing just what you can find if you're prepared to get down on your hands and knees and root around at the back of the shelves.
I would like to use this blog as a reason/excuse to spend more time tracking down quality independent vintners and getting their stores better known in the wider world. I have, therefore, started work on this google map of wine merchants in the north of England - something the Brits around here may find interesting. I can't vouch for any of the yellow spots, but I've made it to the greens and very good they are too.
Please feel free to either add to the map or send me your recommendations and I'll stick them on. The only rule is that they must have a retail store open to the public without appointment. International contributions more than welcome!
Toot toot.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment